Slow and steady

Another busy period at the office has come to an end and I’m finding it hard to remember what a weekend without having to work feels like. I have a feeling I won’t have much time to celebrate, as two major projects are joining what is already a writing and design intensive time of year.

But at least I can work in my jammies, unlike when we’re in season.

Anyways.

Elena was giving me a hard time this morning because she had to find out from an alternate source that Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku are working together for a Fox series. (Hey, Elena, Joss also directed an episode of The Office. And it had vampires in it! And you never knew!)

She was also giving me a hard time about reading after I suggested that she take the writer’s strike (somehow this is my fault too—it turns out chimps with nicotine dependencies aren’t responsible for General Hospital) as an opportunity to read a book for a change. “Why don’t you read a book?” was her snarky reply (emphasis mine; when will Messenger create a sarcasm font?)

I am reading a book. Just really, really, ridiculously slowly.

It’s not that I’m not enjoying it, because I am. It’s just that it’s broken into about 70-page mini-stories and I’m so easily distracted. I finish a section and immediately want to start listening to one of the 10,000 albums I acquired over the past six months. And Years of Rice and Salt takes a lot of concentration, so I certainly can’t listen to Beatallica while reading. (Or ever.)

Now that it’s cold and dark again and I’ve started taking more baths and having less to look at from the train, I’ve been plowing through the book one mini-story at a time. And now that the season’s over at work a lazy Sunday morning or two should get me back on track.

P.S. Psst! Elena! Wanna watch the BSG movie? It’s been leaked! Happy torrenting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.